Re: [igraph] large graph problem

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] large graph problem
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 00:05:41 +0100

Hi,

> It issues the following errors even I try to get the number of nodes in the
> graph.
Seems like this error message has nothing to do with the number of nodes; an
assertion fails in igraph_vector_size but that function is never called in
igraph_vcount as it simply does this:

igraph_integer_t igraph_vcount(const igraph_t *graph) {
  return graph->n;
}

Your error message is likely to come from somewhere else, but I cannot say more
without seeing your code.

> how many nodes can be handled by Igraph?
Theoretically the upper limit is the amount of free memory only. igraph
requires 16 bytes per edge and 8 bytes per vertex if you are using it from C
and there is no attribute handler attached.