Re: [igraph] Speed comparison of R and C

From: Minh Nguyen
Subject: Re: [igraph] Speed comparison of R and C
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 18:45:48 +1100

Hi William,

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 3:43 AM, William Tu <address@hidden> wrote:
> However, in the mailing list, it seems
> most people are using python or R, and there are few discussions and
> docs about igraph in C. So I'm still hesitating.

It's a matter of making a trade-off between ease of use and runtime
efficiency. Python and R should be easy to pick up if you have
programming experience. And these two languages are not as difficult
as C for those who are starting to learn programming. Of course if
you're still concerned about speed, and you have a need for speed but
still don't want to do C programming, try using Cython [1] to
interface the C library of igraph with Python.

[1] http://www.cython.org

--
Regards
Minh Van Nguyen