[igraph] How to find out whether a graph follows Guassian (normal) or po

From: shahab
Subject: [igraph] How to find out whether a graph follows Guassian (normal) or power law distribution without looking at their shape?
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 18:49:17 +0200

Hi ,

Maybe this question is not directly related to "igraph", but since  I
am iGraph user, I thought maybe I could start from here:
My question is if you have a graph file (in some format) How you can
find out whether a graph follows Guassian (normal) or power law
distribution without  looking at their shape and just by measuring
some properties?
or what is (in/out) degree distribution without looking at their
shape? are there any metrics that someone can measure and say for
example, is not power-law??

Any comment or reference is appreciated.

thanks,
/Shahab