Re: [igraph] Clusterability

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Clusterability
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:57:58 +0100

Dear Listers,

I’ve a weighted and undirected network form co-occurrence of keywords in bibliographic records.  I would like to breakdown the network through network statistics for visualization.  I tried igraph’s clusters, subcomponent, decompose.graph and articulation.points but nothing works.  What else I could try?

Try the community detection algorithms; "clusters", "subcomponent" and "decompose.graph" find connected components only, and chances are that your graph is (almost) fully connected. Community detection algorithms look for regions that are more densely connected than their surroundings.

Try these as a start in R:

?fastgreedy.community
?walktrap.community
?community.edge.betweenness (if your graph is not too large)
?leading.eigenvector.community
?spinglass.community

--
T.