Re: [igraph] igraph_degree(), seriously?

From: Marco
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph_degree(), seriously?
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 22:14:06 +0200

On 04/20/2011 09:10 PM, Tamás Nepusz wrote:

Hi Tamas,

You're right, this is pretty complicated. We haven't really considered this a
nuisance so far because we are mostly using igraph from R or Python where all
this complexity is hidden behind the scenes. I'll add an extra function called
igraph_degree_1 or something like that which would act as a shortcut. (I was
thinking about igraph_degree_1 for the name because this rhymes well with
igraph_vss_1, igraph_ess_1 and such).

The name sounds very good: it makes sense and, as you say, rhymes well.

Do you have any other functions which you use frequently and which would
benefit from a similar simplification?

As of now I still don't know, but if something comes up while I am writing this code (you may have noticed I switched from python to C: this is to gain speed on non-igraph-related functions) I will write a (shorter) email.

Thank you,

marco