Re: [igraph] Rewiring connected graph and/or checking connectedness loca

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Rewiring connected graph and/or checking connectedness locally
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 21:13:13 +0200

One thing that would probably help with connectedness checking is knowing that
by deleting an edge (A, B), the graph becomes disconnected if and only if A is
not reachable from B any more. So, after deleting an edge (A, B), it is enough
to check whether there is a path from A to B, it is not necessary to check the
connectedness of the entire graph. Not sure whether it helps a lot, though,
especially because igraph_shortest_paths only has a "from" argument in 0.5.4,
"to" was added in 0.6 only (and it is not released yet).

--
T.