[igraph] Higher order distance matrix

From: Moses Boudourides
Subject: [igraph] Higher order distance matrix
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 21:25:52 +0200

Hello,

Given a simple undirected graph, I call "higher order distance matrix"
the following modification of the distance matrix (the entries of
which are giving the geodesic distance between nodes):

If the (i, j)-entry of the distance matrix is > or = 2, then the same
value is the (i, j)-entry of the higher order distance matrix.
If the (i, j)-entry of the distance matrix = 1, then remove the
connection from i to j, compute the geodesic distance from i to j and
set the latter as the (i, j)-entry of the higher order distance
matrix. (As usual, the distance between two non-connected nodes should
be infinity.)

Thus all entries in the higher order distance matrix should be at least 2.

Can this be done by igraph? How and with which packages?

As always, I really appreciate your assistance.

Best,

--Moses