Re: [igraph] Questions about walktrap.community

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Questions about walktrap.community
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:53:31 +0200

Hi,

> I have two questions about walktrap.community. The first question is whether
> there is a method to change the result of walktrap.community to a "hclust"
> class.
I'm not an expert in the R interface so I cannot answer this question -- but
maybe someone else on this list can.

> The second question is where I can get the random walker adjcent
> matrix used in the walktrap.community.
I guess that you can obtain it fairly easily from the adjacency matrix:

g <- graph.tree(4, 3, mode="undirected")
rw <- Diagonal(x=1/degree(g)) %*% get.adjacency(g, sparse=F)

> myself, could you please help me to make sure the following algorithm:
For the walktrap community algorithm, we use exactly the same code as the
original authors have published, so I guess it should be identical to the
method they described in the paper.

Cheers,