Re: [igraph] Community Detection using leading eigenvector

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Community Detection using leading eigenvector
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 10:34:19 -0500

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, this is in theory a relatively easy change.

In practice it is not, however. The reason for that is that the
non-symmetric ARPACK eigensolver that is used to find the leading
eigenvector is not very well behaved. Many times it gives you the
wrong eigenvector, or no useful result at all.

Best,
Gabor