Re: [igraph] Does igraph support node ports/records?

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Does igraph support node ports/records?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 23:04:05 +0100

Hi,

> I've been playing around with igraph a bit, and was wondering if it
> supports the concept of named input/output ports on nodes.
No, unfortunately not. Visualization is not the primary purpose of igraph so
there is nothing in the current drawing code that would support node ports.
Most of the visualization code will be (or rather has been) refactored between
python-igraph 0.5 and 0.6 (which  is the current development version and not
released yet). Graph drawing in 0.6 will be based on graph drawer classes, and
theoretically one could implement a custom graph drawer that supports node
ports (e.g., by inspecting a specific edge attribute which would tell which
ports of the endpoints a given edge should be connected to), but it is not
likely to be an easy task.

Cheers,