Re: [igraph] k-connected components

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] k-connected components
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 21:41:49 +0100

> Is there a method in igraph to compute the k-connected components of a graph,
> for k > 2 (I am aware that biconnected.components works for k=2 and clusters
> works for k=1)?

As far as I know there isn't any, at least not in the C core. In the R
interface, we have a function called cohesive.blocks which identifies maximally
k-cohesive sets of vertices, where a set of vertices is maximally k-cohesive if
it is k-connected and no superset of it is k-connected. The process is quite
memory-intensive, though. Check out its documentation to decide whether this is
something you are interested in:

http://igraph.sourceforge.net/doc/R/cohesive.blocks.html

--
T.