Re: [igraph] How to make the plot of graph more smooth ?

From: Giuliano Mega
Subject: Re: [igraph] How to make the plot of graph more smooth ?
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 10:02:57 +0100

That very much depends on the graph you have, and the pattern you're
looking for. Regardless of that, igraph has a number of graph layout
options which you might want to try. The default layout algorithm is
random placement on a square, which indeed might not give you very
good results (but is cheap and generic).

To plot using a layout, you do a:

plot(g, layout=<layout here>)

Check ?layout for a list of available layout algorithms. Another nice
option is using tkplot which allows you to interact with the graph and
change vertex positions at will, but I'd expect it to be slower if
your graph is large.

Giuliano