[igraph] 3-paths with vertex attributes

From: Moses Boudourides
Subject: [igraph] 3-paths with vertex attributes
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 11:47:23 +0300

Hello,

I would appreciate receiving your technical assistance on the
following computation I would like to do:

Given a (large) graph (undirected and simple) with attributed vertices
(say, 3 attributes: blue, red, green), I would like to count
heterogeneous (open) 3-paths for which the color of end vertices is
the same (e.g., blue-red-blue, red-blue-red, blue-green-blue,
green-blue-green, red-green-red, green-red-green) as well as 3-cycles
formed by 2 or 3 different colors.

Is it possible to modify the igraph functions for the counts of graph
motifs to do this? But how?

I would appreciate if you could send me the code for this computation
as far as it is doable.

Best,

--Moses