Re: [igraph] ( C library ) Parse error reading .net file builded with ig

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] ( C library ) Parse error reading .net file builded with igraph
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 13:27:13 -0400

Hi!

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 1:07 PM, Elena Tea Russo
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi everyone;
>
> I am trying to read with igraph (C library) a .net file written using the
> igraph library itself.
> The .net file has also "id" attributes, and it is something like this:
[...]
> When it tryes to read it, it gives to me this error:
>
> Error at foreign.c:574 :Parse error in Pajek file, line 1 (syntax error,
> unexpected VP_LA, expecting NUM or ALNUM or QSTR), Parse error
> Abort trap
>
> I am quite perplexed about the fact that igraph cannot read a .net file
> written by itself! What is the problem?

The part that you included above seems to be fine with the latest
igraph version. Please send us a file that actually reproduces the
error, because it seems that the [....] part(s) contain whatever made
graph fail. If you don't want to send your data to the mailing list,
then you can just send it to me directly, or (even better) send a
small part of it that reproduces the error. Thanks.

> I have crawled a bit the internet and i have found this bug threat:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/igraph/+bug/602587 – may this be the same? But it
> appears like this bug has been fixed, while i continue to ghet the error.

Because this is most probably a different error.

G.