Re: [igraph] community detection

From: Bernie Hogan
Subject: Re: [igraph] community detection
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 15:27:29 -0400

The resolution parameter in the Louvain method might make a difference. I'm pretty sure that the igraph (multilevel_community) implementation uses only a resolution parameter of 1, but this is tunable in other implementations.

Check out the examples on this page:
http://mrvar.fdv.uni-lj.si/pajek/community/LouvainVOS.htm

Even if igraph doesn't implement these methods, it does play very nice with pajek for import and export.

The other alternative is to consider overlapping clustering routines, such as OSLOM (which at the moment is only implemented in C and is a bit tedious to work with).

Take care,
BERNiE

Dr Bernie Hogan
Research Fellow, Oxford Internet Institute
University of Oxford