Re: [igraph] help with fruchterman reingold output

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] help with fruchterman reingold output
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 10:16:48 -0400

Sorry, I missed your second question, my answer is below.

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 9:35 AM, Paul Smith
<address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> Next, how can I attach descriptive values to each of the points making up
> the vertices so I can follow them with other data?

Set a vertex attribute called 'name'. See more in the
?set.vertex.attribute manual page. It basically goes like this:

g <- graph.ring(10)
V(g)$name <- letters[1:10]
str(g)

If you create your graph from an edge list containing vertex symbols,
via graph.data.frame(), then vertex symbols are automatically added as
the 'name' vertex attribute.

Best,
Gabor

[...]