Re: [igraph] read.graph error GML

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] read.graph error GML
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 09:56:58 -0500

I suspect that this has nothing to do with read.graph(), and R simply does not find the file. I am not familiar with specifying a path in windows, but are you sure you can use slashes instead of backslashes?

Try opening it with readLines() first, I suspect you'll get a similar error. If it works with readLines(), but not with read.graph(), then you'll need to send us the file (or a similar file that reproduces the error), and your platform information.

Gabor

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 11:05 PM, Shelby Renee <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm trying to convert a txt to GML, months ago the same file worked and I was able to make an arcdiagram.  Now I'm receiving the following error message in R.

> file = "C:/Rdata/guldata.txt"
> graph = read.graph(file, format= "gml")
Error in read.graph.gml(file, ...) :
  At rinterface.c:4082 : Cannot read GML file, File operation error

Can someone please help me out with this.  Thanks
Shel