[igraph] Get vertices by labels

From: Stuti Rastogi
Subject: [igraph] Get vertices by labels
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 16:34:46 +0530

Hello,
I am new to igraph and am using it with python.
I am trying to do some kind of clustering but am having trouble fetching vertices.
The cluster lists return the labels of the vertices whereas g.vs essentially returns a vertexsequence object. I wanted to know if there was some way wherein I could return the corresponding vertex with the label given as something.

For example,
vertices = g.vs()
vertices["label"]
#### which gives ['6', '7', '8', '9', '10']
#### my cluster is the list [6, 7, 8, 9, 10]
I want to check the degree of the vertex with label 10 suppose. For that I need the vertex object which has label 10. I am unable to fetch that.

Is there any inbuilt method of doing this or will I have to use for loops and if statements for the same?
Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--
Stuti Rastogi
Undergraduate Student