Re: [igraph] R igraph: layout for communities do not overlap

From: Maria Grineva
Subject: Re: [igraph] R igraph: layout for communities do not overlap
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 20:48:02 -0700

How can I turn off the edge weights in my graph g?

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 8:37 PM, Gábor Csárdi <address@hidden> wrote:
So how about not plotting the edge weights then? See
http://igraph.org/r/doc/plot.common.html

Gabor

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 11:31 PM, Maria Grineva <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear igraph community,

I am using igraph package for R on Mac OS X Mavericks.

I cluster my graph with fastgreedy.community and then plot:
> fc <- fastgreedy.community(g)
> plot(fc, g)

The visualization has a mess with overlapping communities (attached a pic).
What layout options should I use to see my communities separately from each other? I don't care if the visualization wouldn't represent the edge weights (I suppose now it tries to draw vertexes with higher edge weights closer to each other). I care only to see the communities clearly.

Thank you,

--
Maria Grineva
Co-founder / Scientist at Orb Intelligence