[igraph] get the number of nodes and edges by R codes

From: Qunawei Zhang
Subject: [igraph] get the number of nodes and edges by R codes
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 15:54:49 -0400

Hello:

I am using the R package to do some analysis on networks. After I input the network (saved as "my_network"), I can see the number of nodes and edges just by typing "my_network"(please see below for example).

>my_network
IGRAPH UN-- 7865 24368 --
+ attr: name (v/c)

But how can I get the number "7865" and "24368" by writing some R codes? Since I have many networks, I don't want to get the numbers manually for each network.
Thanks

Best
Quanwei