Re: [igraph] Installation igraph

From: Gianluca Della Vedova
Subject: Re: [igraph] Installation igraph
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 18:19:47 +0200

It's likely you are missing libxml2-dev

You'd better state your distribution/system.
--
Gianluca Della Vedova
http://gianluca.dellavedova.org
On 11/04/2015 at 17:11, Niccola Tartaglia wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have tried to install igraph by running the following commands (as
described in the manual):

./configure
make
make check
make install

All of these produce this error message somewhere along all the output:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lxml2 /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz collect2:
error: ld returned 1 exit status

According to the manual, the installation process is adding files to the
'usr/local/bin', but this folder is empty after the installation (no hidden
files). Also when I run 'make installcheck' afterwards, all the  tests fail
and the error message common to them is the one mentioned above.

Is there maybe some package missing which I need to install?

I appreciate your help.

Niccola