[igraph] Best function to return the size of the maximum clique expedien

From: Therese Donovan
Subject: [igraph] Best function to return the size of the maximum clique expediently
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 14:43:05 +0000

Hello. First of all, thank you for producing igraph.   I am new to igraph and have been working with a colleague who uses the program, cliquer, to find the maximum clique size of a given graph.  Given a set of edges in a graph, I have been trying to use the clique_num() function in igraph to return the size of the maximum clique.  This is the only output needed – the number of points -- we do not need to store all possible cliques.  Cliquer can do this very quickly using a branch and bound algorithm developed by Patric Östergård.  Is there a more appropriate function than clique_num() that can return the number of points in a clique that is maximal?

Thank you for your consideration.