iiwusynth-devel

[iiwusynth-devel] Re: [Swami-devel] iiwusynth segfault

From: Josh Green
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] Re: [Swami-devel] iiwusynth segfault
Date: 23 Jan 2003 15:11:43 -0800

On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 04:26, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 06:36, Josh Green wrote:
>

> > P.S. Something else to make sure of is that you don't have any old
> > versions of libiiwusynth.so.* hanging around. This can cause lots of
> > weired problems.
> >

> How do I look around for this file? Is there a specific path it would be
> at?

It would be in the install prefix of FluidSynth, which it looks like
from your previous email is /usr/local. So it would be in
/usr/local/lib. Basically if you see more than one libiiwusynth.so.*
delete the older one. Or if you are unsure, delete both and do a "make
install" again for FluidSynth.

> I'm have tried all of the ideas you had, but none of them are creating a
> segfault inside of gdb.
>
> I am able to capture a core dump when I run iiwusynth -a jack outside of
> gdb. Is that worth anything without the back trace fom gdb?

No information is useful except the back trace :) You can generate the
back trace from the core file though (like I mentioned in my previous
email). Just:

bash prompt> gdb iiwusynth core

(gdb) bt

Should do it. You may have to hit enter a couple times when gdb starts
up if there are a lot of symbols (gdb will prompt you, so you'll know).

> Thanks,
> Mark

Cheers.
        Josh Green