GNU Gengetopt 2.10

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: GNU Gengetopt 2.10
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 23:47:04 +0200

GNU Gengetopt 2.10 has been released.  It is available from and mirrors of that site (see list of
mirror sites at

GNU Gengetopt generates a C function that uses getopt_long function
to parse the command line options, validate them and fill a

Version 2.10

   * correctly refer to the provided strdup if it is not in the
     standard library (thanks to Bert Deknuydt)
   * handle spaces in group names (reported by Matthew K. Junker
   * package and version defined in a .ggo file have the precedence
     over PACKAGE and VERSION (reported by
     Kat Manton <address@hidden>)
   * handle missing long long feature
   * correctly cast results of malloc in generated code
   * in the generated parser the generated version of strdup is
     always used (to improve portability)
   * generated conf file parser handles quoted strings
     (reported by Karsten Reincke <address@hidden>)
   * fixed many compilation/portability problems in several
     architectures (thanks to Nelson H. F. Beebe <address@hidden>)

Visit the Gengetopt home page at

Anonymous CVS access is available.  Please visit
where you can find detailed descriptions of how to access the CVS
(read-only).  I plan to make release-candidate versions available
through CVS.

Bug reports should go to address@hidden

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Florence - Italy         (Linux User # 158233)     |
|  Home Page        :    |
|         XKlaim language  |
|    Cover Band  |
|       |