Re: [Info-gnupedia]IS THE GNUPEDIA PROJECT ABLE TO LIVE IN THE

From: Frédéric Lopez
Subject: Re: [Info-gnupedia]IS THE GNUPEDIA PROJECT ABLE TO LIVE IN THE
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 16:44:49 +0100

Mehdi TIBOUCHI wrote:

> >S'il n'y a pas un minimum de dirigisme, un cadre fédérateur et un plan
> >précis
> >pour construire l'édifice, GNUpedia sera un brave BORDEL où l'on trouvera de
> >tout, SAUF ce que l'on cherche.
> [Without someone to give orders, prepare for anarchy-- the wording is
> different but that's the idea ;-)]
>
> Linux est la preuve que l'on peut construire un édifice ambitieux sans
> contre-maître pour fouetter les ouvriers. Maintenant, si vous préférez
> vous faire fouetter, libre à vous.
> [Linux proves you can do something grand without someone to whip you
> into working]

Linux is a volontary project, but there is ONE man that decide what will
be in the project. If he disagree about a particular feature, it won't
be part of Linux. Sure, everybody can contribute, but it's not up to
them to decide what will be incorporated.

So, I think GNE is very different from Linux upon this point.

But it's still very interesting...

PS: please, forgive my bad english, I'm french :)