info-gnu-chess

Info-GNU-Chess list administration / Lurking bug

From: Simon Waters
Subject: Info-GNU-Chess list administration / Lurking bug
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 18:46:20 +0100

Hi All,

I've switched the info-GNU-Chess list to closed, tightened up the
anti-spam options, and made other changes aimed at making it work better
with less effort on my part.

Please note that my old wretched.demon.co.uk email address is now
effectively dead. I will arrange another GPG key for signing GNU Chess
releases, it will be signed by the old key.

In the meantime you'll have to trust it is me, because I know the list
administration password.

Lurking Bug.

There is a known bug in 5.07 GNU Chess, which has been lurking for a
while. It was introduced in the Posix thread changes.

The problem is that the program can give the last move of the previous
game, as if it is a move in a new game, if a game is resigned or
otherwise terminated abnormally.

If anyone has already patched this - please let me know. I think it is
severe enough to justify a new release once fixed.

  Simon Waters