[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
hp2xx-3.4.0 (HPGL converter) released
hp2xx-3.4.0 (HPGL converter) released
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 09:50:57 +0100 (MEZ)
a new release of the HP-GL converter originally written by Heinz Werntges,
in now available from ftp.gnu.org and its usual mirror sites.
Besides numerous bug fixes over 3.3.2 , this version provides support
for a number of HPGL/2 commands, most notably those related to polygon
drawing. Thanks to Eugene Doudine, it contains better handling of
PJL file headers and PE commands. Andrew Bird has rewritten the penwidth
and line style code, adding support for changing penwidth in the course
of a drawing. Many others have provided patches, suggestions and test
I would greatly appreciate receiving bug reports, patches or even sample
HPGL files. (In the latter case, please make sure that no copyright or
confidentiality agreements are violated before sending any materials.)
address@hidden OR address@hidden
Disclaimer: while i currently work for Daveg GmbH and they have generously
waived their rights (as per German employment laws) on the code
i wrote for hp2xx, this software is totally unrelated to, and
not endorsed by, Daveg GmbH.
See the file 'copying' (i.e. the GNU GPL) for license and warranty
Changes from 3.3.2 to 3.4.0
- Support for HPGL/2 commands related to polygons and area fills :
EP, ER, FP, FT, PM, PT, RA, RR, WG (no user-defined fill types yet)
- WU command support, PW fixed accordingly.
- AT,RT command support (arc through three points)
- New linetype handling including support for line types 7,8,-7,-8 and
user-defined linetype (UL) (written by Andrew Bird)
- Support for the COmment keyword added (Andrew Bird)
- PD;PU-sequences without pen movement create a small dot now to mimick the
behaviour of a real pen plotter.
- Parser improved to be more robust (especially with PE commands),
cliping (IW) support for PE lines, PJL and RTL control sequence handler,
type 1 and 2 (anisotropic) scaling support added to SC (Eugene Doudine).
- Rewrote pen property handling - a pen can now change width during a
plot (Andrew Bird). Similarly added pencolor changing support (though for
the postscript driver only - all other modes require a rewrite of the
intermediate raster 'picbuf' code).
- Added -S option for selection of TIFF compression mode (Andrew Bird)
- added command line option '-n'/'--nofill' to suppress polygon filling
- file names may start with non-alphabetic characters (e.g. numbers
or unix-style path names) now (Michael Kennedy)
- Modified to_pcx to produce PCX mode 5 (truecolor) files in color mode,
PCX2 in monochrome. (The old PCX2 module is in the 'old' directory, in
case this proves to be worse - i have changed a few of the palette
definitions to get correct b/w output and primary colors even with this
- Output mode 'esc2' for the Epson Stylus series of printers at 720dpi.
(limited to A4 size for now, and in 'microweave' mode, i.e. using only
one row of nozzles, which results in exact but very slow printing)
- OS/2 PM previewer now has stderr output redirection to a separate window
(patch provided by Kazutaka Nishiyama)
- X11 preview generates a warning, but no longer aborts if the window is
larger than the current screen size
- Added step-by-step instructions for compiling on Windows NT (provided by
James D. Shaw)
- IW limits were interpreted as plotter units even if scaling (SC) was set.
- PCX output sometimes had dark red background in b/w mode and wrong colors
in colormap mode (rewrote to_pcx.c for PCX5, see above).
- lines drawn in IW mode had extraneous pen-up moves added, which confused
the line pattern generator.
- removed extraneous asterisk in the INFO-DIR-ENTRY section of the
texinfo doc file (Reinhard Kotucha)
- IW could clip lines just inside the limits due to rounding errors on
- LB text was sometimes incorrectly clipped by IW
- LB text in unsupported character sets was replaced by blanks instead of the
corresponding characters from set 0.
- changed PostScript 'translate' parameters to adjust plot position on page
- Line pattern length was too long for LT-2
- SC scale factors were not applied to XT/YT tick marks, resulting in
- PS command with height only and PS with width>height were not treated
including contributions by:
Todd Beverly,David Billinghurst,Andrew Bird,Gerhard Buergmann,Eugene Doudine,
Lars Eriksson,Michael Kennedy,Robert S. Maier,Dan McMahill,Kazutaka Nishiyama,
John Reeve,Wilfred van Rooyen,Jim Shaw
Dr. Martin Kroeker, daVeg GmbH Darmstadt CAD/CAM/CAQ address@hidden
Precision Powered by Penguins
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- hp2xx-3.4.0 (HPGL converter) released,