[ANNOUNCE] New stable automake release: automake-1.4-p2

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] New stable automake release: automake-1.4-p2
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 22:06:34 +0100

Once again, we interrupt your regularly scheduled posts with another news

I am proud to present patch release 2 from the automake-1.4 maintenance
branch.  The main purpose of this release is to fix some irritating but small
bugs that remained in patch release 1.  It is available now from:

Or as a a diff or xdelta against the previous release:

...and shortly from all GNU mirror sites.  Or else directly from anonymous
CVS using the tag `Release-1-4-p2'.

The changes in this release since version 1.4-p1 are as follows:

        * Deal with AC_CONFIG_FILES from autoconf-2.50.
        * Improvements to f77 support.
        * DESTDIR now works for script targets.
        * distcheck-hook works correctly.
Please download, compile, install and enjoy.  We now return you to your
regular programming...

  ())_.  Gary V. Vaughan     gary@(|
  ( '/   Research Scientist        ,_())____
  / )=   GNU Hacker   \'      `&