GNU Gengetopt 2.7.1

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: GNU Gengetopt 2.7.1
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:06:26 +0200

GNU Gengetopt 2.7.1 has been released.  It is available from and mirrors of that site (see list of
mirror sites at

GNU Gengetopt generates a C function that uses getopt_long function
to parse the command line options, validate them and fill a

Version 2.7.1

   * Fixed a problem due to namespaces in compilation (reported by
     Excoffier Denis <address@hidden>) with gcc 3.x.  Fixed
     other problems
     in compilation with gcc 3.x (reported by Ramasubramanian Vijay).
   * Anonymous CVS Access now available at

Version 2.7

   * Basically this is a maintenance release: C++ is now used for
     developing Gengetopt and in particular my new tool Gengen
     ( is used for
     automatically generating the code that generates the command line

Visit the Gengetopt home page at

Anonymous CVS access is now available.  Please visit
where you can find detailed descriptions of how to access the CVS
(read-only).  I plan to make release-candidate versions available
through CVS.

Bug reports should go to address@hidden

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD student in Computer Science                    |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Tel +39 055 4796741, Fax +39 055 4796730           |
|  Florence - Italy         (Linux User # 158233)     |
|  Home Page        :    |
|  E-Mail           : address@hidden            |
|         XKlaim language  |
|    Cover Band  |