GNU Gengetopt 2.9

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: GNU Gengetopt 2.9
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 17:52:44 +0200

GNU Gengetopt 2.9 has been released.  It is available from and mirrors of that site (see list of
mirror sites at

GNU Gengetopt generates a C function that uses getopt_long function
to parse the command line options, validate them and fill a

Version 2.9

   * fixed explicit rules in Makefiles that generated errors with some
     versions of non-GNU makes.
   * names in the generated #ifndef do not contain leading paths
     (reported by Heiko Nardmann <address@hidden>, Kim Bisgaard
     <address@hidden> and Guillaume Chazarain <address@hidden>).
   * correctly print the line number for semantic errors
     (reported by Max Bane <address@hidden>)
   * handle group options without short options (reported by Excoffier
     Denis <address@hidden>)

Visit the Gengetopt home page at

Anonymous CVS access is available.  Please visit
where you can find detailed descriptions of how to access the CVS
(read-only).  I plan to make release-candidate versions available
through CVS.

Bug reports should go to address@hidden

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Florence - Italy         (Linux User # 158233)     |
|  Home Page        :    |
|         XKlaim language  |
|    Cover Band  |
|       |