[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
hp2xx-3.4.4 (HPGL converter)
hp2xx-3.4.4 (HPGL converter)
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:03:01 +0200 (MESZ)
the latest release of the HPGL plotfile previewer/converter, is now
available from ftp.gnu.org and its usual mirror sites.
MD5 checksum for hp2xx-3.4.4.tar.gz is 18808580d24b7caf2c4c7045c093329f
This is mainly a bugfix release to correct some problems found in 3.4.3.
In addition, it provides a tentative framework for truetype font support
and a few other minor enhancements.
As always, suggestions and bug reports are appreciated.
address@hidden or address@hidden
New features in 3.4.4:
- Experimental support for truetype fonts (needs a fixed-width truetype
font such as the monospace Bitstream Vera from www.gnome.org/fonts,
fontlib, and '-DSTROKED_FONTS=\"/path/to/this/truetype/font.ttf\"' in the
DEFINES section of the Makefile). Depending on the font, this should
produce better-looking text than the default stick font at the expense
of higher CPU and memory consumption. Support for non-ASCII characters
is lacking, and the rendering is at the mercy of the still imperfect
- Support for the rectangle mode of the PE statement (Eugene Doudine)
- NR is now recognized as an image terminator in multi-plot files.
- DXF output provides optional translation of pen number and/or width
into DXF group 62 line attributes (Georg Viehoever).
- The error handler now tries to report the offending HPGL command sequence,
not just its position in the input stream
- New option for mapping pen 0 commands to another pen, to avoid changing
the background color in raster output modes.
- penwidth was erroneously set to the default 0.1 mm after drawing a label
- xfig and rgip output did not yet handle the changed pencolor and width
- polygons sometimes had the wrong sections filled in for some of the
- forcing penwidth via the -p commandline option no longer worked for
the conventional values between 1 and 9
- PJL parser now handles input lines of up to 256 characters
- polygon sides could escape clipping in some circumstances
- WG support was broken in 3.4.3 (coordinate error resulted in odd shapes)
- simplified HPGL output would write very small numbers in exponential
notation, which is not allowed by any HPGL standard.
- DT handling was both incorrect and incomplete
- pdf and eps modes were using much too large miter limits
- exporting to raster modes could fail in some circumstances due to
wrong linewidth corrections being applied in the raster buffer.
- arcs drawn with 'deviation distance' chord tolerance parameter were
drawn as acute angles or even crashed hp2xx
- PNG export of color graphics was broken in 3.4.3
- SP command in PE mode did not update the internal pencount, potentially
leading to use of a reduced color palette in the raster modes.
- Using -h,-? or even -help no longer generates an error message before the
usage text is shown.
Dr. Martin Kroeker, daveg gmbh Darmstadt CAD/CAM/CAQ address@hidden
Precision Powered by Penguins
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- hp2xx-3.4.4 (HPGL converter),