info-gnu

GNU Ghostscript 8.16 is released

From: Didier LINK
Subject: GNU Ghostscript 8.16 is released
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 18:19:46 +0200

I'm pleased to announce the availability of a new GNU Ghostscript
release: gnu-ghostscript-8.16.

This release is an adaptation of GPL Ghostscript version 8.15, with
changes to make it compliant with GNU standards and policies.  It is
available from the GNU Ghostscript project page:
http://www.gnu.org/software/ghostscript/

This release includes many bug fixes over GNU Ghostscript 8.01, improved
font rendering, and offers significantly better PDF generation and
handling.

Help wanted: We need to add an interface for Emacs to talk to so it can
efficiently use one Ghostscript process to display a series of images,
and output them into pixmaps specified by Emacs. If you can work on
coding this feature, please write address@hidden

Enjoy !

Didier

--