info-gnu

RELEASED Mailman 2.1.6

From: Barry Warsaw
Subject: RELEASED Mailman 2.1.6
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:02:10 -0400

On behalf of the development team, I'm pleased to announce the release
of GNU Mailman 2.1.6.  This is a significant release, which includes
three important security patches, updated Chinese (zh_TW and zh_CN)
support, better compatibility with Python 2.4, a few new features, and
many bug fixes.

Mailman is free software for managing email mailing lists and
e-newsletters.

This release fixes CAN-2005-0202, a reported vulnerability in path
traversal in the private archive script.  This release also provides an
option for sites to produce more cryptographically secure auto-generated
passwords, and it closes a potential cross-site scripting hole.  Because
of the security (and other) fixes, it is highly recommended that all
sites upgrade to 2.1.6.

For more information, please see:

    http://www.list.org
    http://mailman.sf.net
    http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman

On a personal note, I owe a debt of gratitude to Tokio Kikuchi, who
served as release manager for 2.1.6, integrated countless patches, and
coordinated the Chinese language updates for this release.  Please join
me in thanking him for helping out so much.

For links to download the Mailman 2.1.6 source tarball, see:

Enjoy,
-Barry