GNU Wget 1.10 released

From: Mauro Tortonesi
Subject: GNU Wget 1.10 released
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:05:13 -0500

I'm very pleased to announce the availability of GNU Wget 1.10.

This long-awaited release is a significant improvement over the last 1.9.1
release, introducing a few important features like long file support
and NTLM authentication, lots of improvements (especially in IPv6 and SSL
code) and many bugfixes.

GNU Wget is a non-interactive command-line tool for retrieving files using
HTTP, HTTPS and FTP, which may easily be called from scripts, cron jobs,
terminals without X-Windows support, etc.

For more information, please see:

Here are the compressed sources and the GPG detached signature:

The MD5 checksums of the tarball and signature are:

caddc199d2cb31969e32b19fd365b0c5  wget-1.10.tar.gz
7dff7d39129051897ab6268b713766bf  wget-1.10.tar.gz.sig

The GPG key I have used for the tarball signature is available at this URL:

the key fingerprint is:

pub  1024D/7B2FD4B0 2005-06-02 Mauro Tortonesi (GNU Wget Maintainer)
     Key fingerprint = 1E90 AEA8 D511 58F0 94E5  B106 7220 24E9 7B2F D4B0

Last but not least, a brief personal comment. This is my first release as
Wget maintainer, and I am very excited about it. However i would like to say
that, even if he stepped down from the maintainer position, the main author
of Wget is still Hrvoje Niksic, who really did an awesome work on Wget 1.10.
Hrvoje is one of the best developers I have ever worked with and I would
like to thank him for all the effort he put on the this release of Wget.

Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi

University of Ferrara - Dept. of Eng.
Institute for Human & Machine Cognition
GNU Wget - HTTP/FTP file retrieval tool