GNU Gengetopt 2.16

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: GNU Gengetopt 2.16
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 14:44:24 +0100

GNU Gengetopt 2.16 has been released.  It is available from and mirrors of that site (see list of
mirror sites at

GNU Gengetopt generates a C function that uses getopt_long function
to parse the command line options, validate them and fill a

Version 2.16

   * a --full-help option is generated that shows also hidden options
     (in case there are some, as suggested by Paul Biggar)
   * multiple parsers can be linked into the same executable (even
     when using configuration files, thanks to Andre Noll)
   * when invoking getopt_long, discard any pointers to previously
     scanned command lines (thanks to Andre Noll)
   * fixed a bug in generation of help strings that might cause
     a seg fault (reported by Paul Biggar)

Visit the Gengetopt home page at

Anonymous CVS access is available.  Please visit
where you can find detailed descriptions of how to access the CVS
(read-only).  Release-candidate versions are available
through CVS.

Bug reports should go to address@hidden

The following mailing lists are available:

    * address@hidden, for generic discussions about the program
and for asking for help about it (open mailing list),
    * address@hidden , for receiving information about new
releases and features (read-only mailing list),

if you want to subscribe to a mailing list just go to the URL and follow
the instructions or just send me an e-mail.

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Florence - Italy        (GNU/Linux User # 158233)  |
|  Home Page        :    |
|         XKlaim language  |
| Deep Purple Cover Band |
|       |