info-gnu

GNU Source-highlight 2.5

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: GNU Source-highlight 2.5
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 19:37:59 +0200

GNU Source-highlight 2.5 has been released.  It is available from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/src-highlite/ and mirrors of that site (see
list of mirror sites at http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html).

GNU Source-highlight, given a source file, produces a document with
syntax highlighting.

At the moment this package can handle

    * C/C++
    * C#
    * Bib      (new)
    * Bison
    * Caml
    * Changelog
    * Diff
    * Flex
    * Fortran
    * Html
    * Java
    * Javascript
    * Latex
    * Logtalk
    * Log files
    * Lua
    * ML
    * Pascal
    * Perl
    * PHP
    * Postscript
    * Prolog
    * Python
    * Ruby
    * Shell
    * Sql      (new)
    * Tcl      (new)
    * XML

as source languages, and

     HTML
     XHTML
     ANSI color escape sequences
     LaTeX
     Texinfo
     DocBook (new)

as output format.

Source-highlight depends on the Boost regex library
(http://www.boost.org/) so you need to install this library (boost
libraries are usually shipped with most distributions).

Source-highlight can also generate cross references; in order to do this
it relies on GNU Ctags, http://ctags.sourceforge.net.

Version 2.5

   * fixed lang.map for php files
   * fixed url.lang
   * --debug-langdef can be interactive
   * nohilite.lang that does not perform any highlighting, but
     only formats the input file into the output format (dealing
     with output format special characters)
   * default.lang to which source-highlight falls back when no
     input language is specified or available
   * infer script languages
   * --header and --footer options do not require --doc option
   * --statistics print elapsed time
   * highlight cls, dtx and sty LaTeX files
   * language definition for Tcl
   * language definition for Sql
   * language definition for bibtex

Visit the Source-highlight home page at
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite

Anonymous CVS access is also available.  Please visit
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/src-highlite/
where you can find detailed descriptions of how to access the CVS
(read-only).  Release-candidate versions are available
through CVS.

Bug reports should go to address@hidden

The following mailing lists are available:

    * address@hidden, for generic discussions about the
program and for asking for help about it (open mailing list),
http://mail.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-source-highlight
    * address@hidden, for receiving information about
new releases and features (read-only mailing list),
http://mail.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/info-source-highlight

if you want to subscribe to a mailing list just go to the URL and follow
the instructions, or send me an e-mail and I'll subscribe you.

cheers
        Lorenzo

| Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134      |
| PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze      |
| Florence - Italy        (GNU/Linux User # 158233)   |
| http://www.lorenzobettini.it                        |
| http://tronprog.blogspot.com  BLOG                  |
| http://www.purplesucker.com Deep Purple Cover Band  |
| http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite            |