info-gnu

a new version of Archimedes (0.0.9)

From: sellier
Subject: a new version of Archimedes (0.0.9)
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 12:22:23 +0200

I have the great pleasure to let you know that a new version of Archimedes has been released. This version (0.0.9) is able to deal with heterostructure, i.e. two (or more) different semiconductor materials can be now simulated in the same device. Furthermore, the manual has been updated.

Please, feel free to download it from one of the following links

http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/archimedes/
http://www.gnu.org/software/archimedes
http://www.southnovel.eu/archimedes_sources.htm

Archimedes is the GNU package for 2D semiconductor device simulations. Archimedes is released under GPL 3 license.

Happy hacking!

Jean Michel

Dr. Jean Michel Sellier

               SouthNovel Software Foundation
SouthNovel Software Foundation supports GNU packages for semiconductor
devices simulations. At the present time the founder of SouthNovel has
already released Aeneas and Archimedes under GPL license which are now
two GNU packages. They are, respectively, 3D and 2D simulators for
submicron and quantum devices of general shapes (covered by tetrahedra
in 3D and by rectangles in 2D). Our MC simulators are among
the most advanced in the world and have the great advantage of being
released under GPL license, which gives you the right to run, modify and
redistribute the sources of these simulators. For more informations, please
visit the following web site.

http://www.southnovel.eu

support for Archimedes and Aeneas, the free MC semiconductor simulators

Aeneas and Archimedes are GNU packages for advanced semiconductor
device simulations.

Please remember that development of Aeneas and Archimedes is a volunteer
effort, and you can also contribute to its development. For information about
contributing to the Aeneas and/or Archimedes Project and/or requests of
enhancements and new features, please contact me at the following addresses.

Author and maintainer
*********************
Jean Michel Sellier, PhD
via dei Narcisi 28,