[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Gnash 0.8.5 released
Gnash 0.8.5 released
Wed, 04 Mar 2009 08:57:03 -0700
Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 (X11/20090105)
Gnash 0.8.5 Released!
The fourth beta release of Gnash has just been made at version
0.8.5. Gnash is a GPLv3'd SWF movie player and browser plugin for
Firefox, Mozilla, and Konqueror. Gnash supports many SWF v7 features
and ActionScript 2 classes. with growing support for SWF v8 and
v9. Gnash also runs on many GNU/Linux distributions, embedded
GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, non x86 processors, and 64 bit
architectures. There are also standalone players for GNOME or KDE
Improvements since the 0.8.4 release are:
* Cygnal media server alpha release!
* New MIT-SHM and XVideo support for better performance.
* Due to better XML parsing compatibility and a minor fix to
NetConnection, many more video sites work than in the last
* Support for saving all streamed (FLV, H264, MP3 etc) and loaded
(JPEG, SWF, PNG, GIF) media to disk.
* Basic GUI warning messages when media decoding fails (usually
* Support for new codecs keeps YouTube support up to date.
* Added support for FLV parsing and decoding of H.264 video and AAC
* Scaled video smoothing implemented in AS and in default renderer
(AGG). YouTube video looks better when Gnash is running with
high quality or better.
* Support for _quality implemented with user-specified
override. (Presently only affects video smoothing in the default
* Made NPAPI plugin quiet, except on plugin-specific errors (to
reduce .xsession-errors pollution).
* New GUI for KDE4 / Qt4 with SWF properties and Gnash preferences
* Added support for parsing and decoding Speex audio in FLV files
* Fix decoding of RAW and UNCOMPRESSED audio with gstreamer media
* Remoting support generally improved.
* Support for Mixed SWF Versions added.
* Fixed bugs found since since the 0.8.4 release.
See the NEWS file for more improvements.
You can grab the Gnash sources from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gnash/0.8.5,
or from Gnash Bzr from the branch release_0_8_5 . Binary packages for
Debian or RPM based systems will be available from your GNU/Linux
distribution, and from whatever BSD variant you are using. Experimental
binary packages built by the Gnash team are also available at
http://www.getgnash.org, along with source snapshots. Please
report packaging bugs upstream to your distribution. If you think you
have found a bug in Gnash, then you should file as complete a report
as possible at https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=gnash. Patches are
always preferred to bug reports, as this is a community project. You
can submit patches at https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?group=gnash, or
email them to address@hidden
Please include the operating system name and version, compiler
version, and the output of `gnash --version`, in your bug
reports. good detailed bug reports are always appreciated.
Questions about Gnash or offers of help can go to the developers email
list at address@hidden
- rob -
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- Gnash 0.8.5 released,
Rob Savoye <=