info-gnu

GNU fdisk-1.2.2 release

From: Christian
Subject: GNU fdisk-1.2.2 release
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 22:57:40 +0100

I am happy to announce the release of GNU fdisk 1.2.2

GNU fdisk aims to replace various UNIX operating systems' legacy
partitioning tools with libparted-based ones that mimic the
interface of those tools.

Currently implemented alternatives are:

* util-linux `fdisk'
* util-linux `cfdisk'

Both versions have a compability mode and a GNU mode
that offers additional features.

NEWS
====

In this release we have better configuration for systems where
libreadline is not found.

DOWNLOAD
========

Gzipped and b2zipped tarballs are available from

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/fdisk/

and its mirror sites. SHA1 sums may be found there as well.

The web site of GNU fdisk is at:

http://www.gnu.org/software/fdisk/

CONTRIBUTING

You can help fdisk by

* testing and using the existing frontends

* developing more frontends (e.g. for Mac fdisk or util-linux sfdisk)

Leslie P. Polzer <address@hidden>
Christian Brunello <address@hidden>

GNU fdisk Maintainer's