GNU Source-highlight 3.1.2 (with Library)

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: GNU Source-highlight 3.1.2 (with Library)
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 18:39:16 +0100

GNU Source-highlight 3.1.2 has been released.  It is available from and mirrors of that site (see
list of mirror sites at

GNU Source-highlight, given a source file, produces a document with
syntax highlighting.

Since version 3.0, source-higlight also provides a *C++ highlight
library* that you can use in your programs!

You can also find details about new features of source-highlight on my
blog, in this area:

At the moment this package can handle

    * Ada
    * Asm     (new)
    * Applescript     (new)
    * Awk     (new)
    * Autoconf files
    * Bat     (new)
    * Bib
    * Bison
    * C/C++
    * C#
    * Clipper     (new)
    * Cobol     (new)
    * Configuration files (generic)
    * Caml
    * Changelog
    * Css
    * D     (new)
    * Diff
    * Erlang     (new)
    * errors (compiler output)     (new)
    * Flex
    * Fortran
    * GLSL
    * Haskell
    * Haxe
    * Html
    * ini files
    * Java
    * Javascript
    * KDE desktop files
    * Latex
    * Ldap files
    * Logtalk
    * Log files
    * lsm files (Linux Software Map)
    * Lua
    * Makefile
    * Manifest     (new)
    * M4
    * ML
    * Oz
    * Pascal
    * Perl
    * pkg-config files
    * PHP
    * Postscript
    * Prolog
    * Properties files
    * Python
    * RPM Spec files
    * Ruby
    * Scala
    * Shell
    * S-Lang
    * Sql
    * Tcl
    * Texinfo
    * VBscript     (new)
    * XML
    * XOrg conf files

as source languages, and

     ANSI color escape sequences

as output format.

Language definition files and output language definition files, which
are part of source-highlight distribution, can also be downloaded
independently from, respectively:

Source-highlight depends on the Boost regex library
( so you need to install this library (boost
libraries are usually shipped with most distributions).

Source-highlight can also generate cross references; in order to do this
it relies on GNU Ctags,

Version 3.1.2

   * infer language for files starting with <? and <!doctype
   * language definition for manifest files, asm, applescript,
     vbscript, awk, bat, clipper, cobol, D, Erlang
   * lang def file for compiler output errors
   * style for label and path
   * label element recognized in C/C++
   * qmake based build system available
   * searches for home directory also on windows
   * improved logtalk.lang
   * improved email regular expression in url.lang

Visit the Source-highlight home page at

This project's git repository can be checked out through the following clone instruction:

git clone git://

Further instructions can be found at the address:

And the git repository can also browsed on-line at

Bug reports should go to address@hidden

The following mailing lists are available:

    * address@hidden, for generic discussions about the
program and for asking for help about it (open mailing list),
    * address@hidden, for receiving information about
new releases and features (read-only mailing list),

if you want to subscribe to a mailing list just go to the URL and follow
the instructions, or send me an e-mail and I'll subscribe you.

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)