[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
GMP 5.1.1 released
GMP 5.1.1 released
Tue, 12 Feb 2013 18:29:55 +0100
Gnus/5.11 (Gnus v5.11) Emacs/22.3 (berkeley-unix)
A new minor release of the GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic Library
(GMP) is now available. The new release is identified as 5.1.1.
The release can be downloaded from here:
These files are also available at the GNU main site under
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gmp/. It is also available at the many GNU
The changes between this release and the previous release are limited to
various safe bug fixes and portability improvements, and testsuite
It cannot be said enough times: Please run "make check" after you've
built your library. And if "make check" stops with an error, do not
use the compiled library. When this happens, you've almost surely run
into a compiler bug, not a GMP bug, since we've of course made sure
the library passes its own test suite. The first thing to try at this
point is using a different compiler. See also http://gmplib.org/.
This release would not have been possible without the very devoted
work of Niels Möller and Marco Bodrato, or Marc Glisse's work on the
C++ interface. As usual, Torbjörn Granlund coordinated the
development and release, and did a fair amount of development work
Changes between GMP version 5.1.0 and 5.1.1
* On Windows 64-bit, an error causing link errors about
__gmp_binvert_limb_table has been fixed.
* Aarch64 alias ARM64 support now works.
* A possible buffer overrun in mpz_ior has been fixed.
* A rare sign flip in mpz_remove has been fixed.
* A bug causing problems with mpf numbers with absolute value >= 2^31 has
* Several bugs in mini-gmp have been fixed.
* A bug caused by automake, related to the 'distcheck' target, has been fixed
by upgrading the automake used for GMP release engineering.
* Preliminary support for the x32 ABI under x86-64.
* The mini-gmp testsuite now tests the entire set of functions.
* Various improvements of the GMP testsuite.
Torbjörn's work on GMP is sponsored by Stiftelsen för Strategisk Forskning,
through CIAM at KTH, http://www.kth.se/sci/centra/ciam.
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- GMP 5.1.1 released,
Torbjorn Granlund <=