[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
New stable release: GNU Solfege 3.22.0
Tom Cato Amundsen
New stable release: GNU Solfege 3.22.0
Mon, 27 May 2013 13:16:18 +0200
GNU Solfege 3.22.0
Solfege is free music education software. Use it to train your rhythm,
interval, scale and chord skills. It is free software and runs on
GNU/Linux, MS Windows 2000 and newer, Max OS X with some effort,
and possibly other operating systems with the required tools. It should
run wherever you can run Python 2.5, Gtk+ 2.12, PyGtk 2.12.
Bug tracker: http://bugs.solfege.org
Things go slow in GNU Solfege land nowadays. The list below sums up
the changes compared to the latest release of the 3.20.x branch.
The 3.22.x releases will be the last that is built with the PyGTK
bindings (http://www.pygtk.org). I have been working on a port to
PyGObject bindings and Gtk+ 3 since earlier this winter. You can find
the git repository here: http://gitweb.solfege.org.
* interval exercises: added larger intervals, up to double octave
* elembuilder: make the answer buttons insensitive when the user is
not supposed to click on them.
* added the header.statistics_matrices lesson file variable
* mpd: try to avoid crashing noteheads when displaying two noteheads
at the same step, but with different accidentals.
* the statistics page for each exercise now have a button that let
us delete the statistics for the exercise.
* The --debug option will also show the module name as a tooltip for
the link button that starts the exercise.
* Make the "Guess answer" button be sensitive only when the user
have entered an answer.
* Statistics viewer: added a row to the percentages table showing
count and percentage correct for all questions asked in the session,
day, week and all-time.
* The frontpage will show the filename if the app is started with
the ``--debug`` command line option.
* idtone exercise: show statistics when the user configure the
module himself. And remember the config.
* We can now place exercise modules written in Python in
* added the ``toneincontext`` exercise module
* added ``solmisation`` exercise module. Thanks to Jan Baumgart and
Folkwang Universitaet der Kuenste
* version_info build fix
* test.py: move some code so that running a subset of tests also
will create and remove tmp directory
* make dist: include the files in exercises/regression-lesson-files/share/
* build fix to avoid problem with too long list of files
* add INSTALLDIR/exercises/standard/lesson-files to the include()
functions search path
* elembuilder: fix the backspace accel
* fix bug #237
* rhythmtapping and rhythmtapping2: rest handling bugfix
* HarmonicProgressionLabel: set_alignment bugfix.
* compareintervals: fix "Repeat first" and "Repeat last" sensitivity
* SolfegeApp: don't sync the statistics database until the last
exercise is shut down.
Lesson file writing:
* added import and rimport statement
* remove all support for file formats that depent on lesson_id. Did
not remove the lesson_id variable from lesson files since this would
reset the statistics.
* dataparser will parse to a parsetree that we interpret.
* lesson file modules: tmp hack to let different lesson file modules
have different default values to variables.
* documentation: the intervals lesson file variable was documented wrongly.
* Linux -> GNU/Linux search-and-replace
* 140% line-height in the generated user manual
* the elembuilder module changed how it stored its statistics. So all
elembuilder statistics will be lost. We will save a backup of the
statistics database the first time 3.21.2 is run.
* gu.FlashBar: display extra strings (set by kwargs) in the same font
as the rest of the string.
* Put a deprecation notice in the chord modules gui.
* small fixes here and there...
Tom Cato Amundsen <address@hidden> http://www.solfege.org/
GNU Solfege - free ear training http://www.gnu.org/software/solfege/
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- New stable release: GNU Solfege 3.22.0,
Tom Cato Amundsen <=