[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
GNU ddrescue 1.18.1 released
Antonio Diaz Diaz
GNU ddrescue 1.18.1 released
Thu, 12 Jun 2014 13:21:55 +0200
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i586; en-US; rv:1.7.11) Gecko/20050905
I am pleased to announce the release of GNU ddrescue 1.18.1.
GNU ddrescue is a data recovery tool. It copies data from one file or
block device (hard disc, cdrom, etc) to another, trying to rescue the
good parts first in case of read errors.
The homepage is at http://www.gnu.org/software/ddrescue/ddrescue.html
The sources can be downloaded from http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/ddrescue/
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/ddrescue/ or from your
favorite GNU mirror.
The sha1sum is:
This release is also GPG signed. You can download the signature by
appending ".sig" to the URL.
Changes in version 1.18.1:
(This stable version is numbered 1.18.1 because a bug preventing
compilation on systems where time_t != long was discovered after
releasing 1.18, but before announcing it).
* A bug has been fixed in the "or" and "xor" operations of ddrescuelog.
* The new option "-H, --test-mode" has been added.
* The new option "-L, --loose-domain" has been added to ddrescue and
* The new option "-N, --no-trim" has been added.
* The new option "-O, --reopen-on-error" has been added.
* The new options "-1, --log-rates" and "-2, --log-reads" have been
added. They produce data files usable by plotting utilities like gnuplot.
* The option "-K, --skip-size" has been extended to accept a maximum
skip size and to disable skipping.
* The long name of option "-r" has been changed to "--retry-passes"
to make it clear that ddrescue tries each sector only once per retry pass.
* The short name of option "--generate-mode" has been changed to "-G".
* The default value of option "-l, --logfile-size" has been increased
to 10000 (from 1000).
* If ddrescue is interrupted by a signal, it now terminates by
raising the signal received.
* The algorithm of the copying phase has been changed. It now marks
as non-trimmed just the failed blocks, skips beyond them, and tries the
skipped areas later in two additional passes (before trimming),
reversing the direction after each pass. The third pass is a sweeping
pass, with skipping disabled. The new method is faster around large
errors, keeps the logfile smaller, and produces better starting points
for trimming, which now tries the smallest blocks first.
* Speed has been improved when using complex domains with option "-m,
* Current total run time is now shown on the screen.
* The pass number and direction are now shown during the copying phase.
* The message "About to copy an unknown number of bytes" is now shown
when the size of the input file can't be determined.
* The option "-B, --binary-prefixes" has been added to ddrescuelog.
* The new option "-C, --complete-logfile" has been added to ddrescuelog.
* The new option "-P, --compare-as-domain" has been added to ddrescuelog.
* Many improvements have been made to the documentation.
* "ddrescue.texinfo" has been renamed to "ddrescue.texi".
Please send bug reports and suggestions to address@hidden
Antonio Diaz, GNU ddrescue author and maintainer.
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- GNU ddrescue 1.18.1 released,
Antonio Diaz Diaz <=