info-gnu

GNU LibreJS 6.0.8 released

From: Nik Nyby
Subject: GNU LibreJS 6.0.8 released
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 09:08:47 -0500

There's a new version of LibreJS - version 6.0.8.

LibreJS is a Mozilla add-on that prevents nonfree JavaScript programs
from running in your web browser.

First, there's an update on LibreJS development: I've moved the primary
development repository from Bazaar to Git. I've also removed all of the
large objects in the new repository's history, so it's much easier to
clone. Instead of 77MB, it now takes 4.4MB. The history for the old
repository is still available in Bazaar:

    http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/librejs/

You can see the new repository's web interface here:

    http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/librejs.git/

My reasoning is that, although Bazaar was working fine, using git will
help with collaboration because most people are already familiar with it.
As noted in the changelog below, LibreJS has been getting a lot of
patches and suggestions -- I hope that continues.

Here's the changes since 6.0.7:
        * LibreJS now accepts the Eclipse Public License. Thanks to
        Daniel Ziltener for the patch.

        * Fixed a bug that caused the main panel to disappear after
        clicking the red "Whitelist" button on a script that wasn't
        accepted by LibreJS.

        * You can now specify multiple licenses for a JavaScript file
        that's been compiled or concatenated from more than one source
        file. Info on how to do this is in the manual - search for
        "Specifying multiple licenses". Thanks to Arne Möhle for
        starting a discussion that led to this change.

        * You can now move the "Complain" button out of the way if it's
        blocking something on the website you're looking at. Thanks to
        Alexandre Garreau for pointing out this problem.

        * Applied a patch from Lutz Horn: updating the whitelisted
        scripts to include some more libraries, and improving the
        gethash.sh script.

This project's website is here:
    https://www.gnu.org/software/librejs/

The source files are here:
    https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/librejs/librejs-6.0.8.tar.gz  (929k)

And here's the executable you can install in your browser:
    https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/librejs/librejs-6.0.8.xpi  (446k)