info-gnu

Emms 4.2 released

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Emms 4.2 released
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2016 10:36:17 -0500

We are happy to announce the release of Emms 4.2.

Emms, the Emacs Multimedia System, is a robust media viewer, player, and
organizer for GNU/Emacs.

This is the first release in our new 6-month release schedule, and it's
right on time.

The release tarball is available here:
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emms/emms-4.2.tar.gz

The signature is available here:
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emms/emms-4.2.tar.gz.sig

The project Website is:
https://www.gnu.org/software/emms/

The included Texinfo manual is kept up-to-date, and the online version
can be found here: https://www.gnu.org/software/emms/manual/

For more information about the project, please see:
https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/emms/

4.2 highlights
  - Removed defunct streams.
  - Multiple fixes to the built-in tag editor.
  - Info file now installs with correct suffix.
  - `make install' now installs emms-print-metadata.