info-gnu

GNU Chess 6.2.5

From: Antonio Ceballos
Subject: GNU Chess 6.2.5
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 01:31:53 +0200

I am glad to announce the release of version 6.2.5 of GNU Chess.

GNU Chess is a chess-playing program. It can be used to play chess
against the computer on a terminal or, more commonly, as a chess engine
for graphical chess frontends.

This release includes:

- Command history based on readline.
- New commands: coords/nocoords to enable/disable coordinates
when printing the board.
- Command pgnsave will prompt before overwriting a file.
- New languages.
- Bug fixes.

We are very thankful to all contributions and all kind of feedback.

The home page can be found at the usual location:
http://www.gnu.org/software/chess/

You can get the compressed sources from a nearby mirror:
http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/chess/gnuchess-6.2.5.tar.gz

If automatic redirection fails, the list of mirrors is at:
http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html

Or if need be you can use the main GNU ftp server:
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/chess/gnuchess-6.2.5.tar.gz

The development source can be downloaded from the Subversion
repository at Savannah:
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/chess

Bug reports, your kind contributions and any feedback are welcome.

Best regards,
Antonio Ceballos
GNU Chess Team