info-gnuprologjava

Re: [Info-gnuprologjava] Adding hooks for executing code when frames are

From: Matt Lilley
Subject: Re: [Info-gnuprologjava] Adding hooks for executing code when frames are being discarded
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 11:18:54 +1300

Hello,

I've attached a patch that does the trick. I don't think it's too inefficient, though it does make popping frames a bit slower (I don't think there's any way you can avoid that if the task at hand is to add complexity to that very process). Also attached is an implementation of Predicate_setup_call_catcher_cleanup, the more general case of setup_call_cleanup/3. I'm not entirely sure how your testing framework works, but I can provide a prolog file as well if that would help.

I'm happy to rework this if you have suggestions on how it could be better integrated; I'm obviously very new to your project!

Thanks again,
Matt

Hello,

If you want to submit a patch to add that functionality then that would
be great, I have no problem with adding non-ISO features as long as ISO
features don't get broken and as long as it can be implemented cleanly.
Unfortunately I don't have time to work out how to write such a patch
myself at the moment but I do have time to review it. If you could add
some test cases to prove it works that would be great.

If implementing it cleanly is not possible then we can look at what
could be changed to either make that possible or to allow a local hack.

If you have any questions then please ask.

Best regards,

Daniel

Matt Lilley
Software Engineer
SecuritEase

Tel:    +64 4 912-2100
Fax:    +64 4 912-2101
E-mail: address@hidden
Web:    http://www.securitease.com

This e-mail has passed our content security scan.
It is covered by the confidentiality clauses at
http://www.securitease.com/content_and_confidentiality