info-gnuprologjava

[Info-gnuprologjava] Problems with loading prolog-file (ensureLoaded); f

From: Tim Hemig
Subject: [Info-gnuprologjava] Problems with loading prolog-file (ensureLoaded); falling into recursion?
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 18:45:08 +0100

Hi There!

I want to load previously generated knowledge bases into the Environment. There
is one general file, and after that I include different rulesets depending on
what I find in the first import. Background is the following:
I want to load annotated text into prolog, and use it for textmining and
further automated annotating. An example ruleset with a typical parent and
grandparent relation does load, and I can consult it, so I think the mechanics
are valid, I guess.
My problem-file is just a file full of facts about the different tiers of my
annotated text, read from an XML file before (Exmaralda-file if interested).

But as soon as I import the generated code my java process does not come back
from the call to environment.ensureLoaded(AtomicTerm.get("filename"));

The only difference between the two test files I use (one gets loaded, the
other not) is that the negative one does enclose every Atom with ' around it.
in the positive file I only use lower case words.

Are there known reasons for not returning from this call? I do not believe
there is some endless recursion to blame, since I only want to parse facts. I
also cannot work with error messages since there are none to find. the
java-processes continue to use a good amount of system- and user-cpu-time until
the process is killed.

Open for any suggestion, and pleas do not hesitate to request more specific
information, if the situation is unclear.
Thank you in advance and best regards,
  Tim Hemig

PS: A short example of the doc/3 predicate. doc(X,Y,Z) reads "document has the
token Z at index Y in tier/level X":

doc('TXT','0','Kirchenaustritt').
doc('TXT','1','Ein').
doc('TXT','2','selbstbestimmter').