Really Useful Sites For International Trade Professionals

From: Federation of International Trade Associations
Subject: Really Useful Sites For International Trade Professionals
Date: Sun, 13 May 12:11:31 2001 -0400

Really Useful Sites For International Trade Professionals

Monday, May 14, 2001 Issue 7   VOLUME 1 ISSUE 7
WELCOME
Here's your latest issue of Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals. This free bi-weekly newsletter reviews useful Web sites from the Web Resources database at FITA's International Trade/ Import-Export Portal at www.fita.org, an excellent source for trade leads, news, events, and a link library of 3,000+ sites related to international trade.

To see past issues, click on "Archive" on the bottom of this page or go to FITA's Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals at www.fita.org/useful.html.

Please feel free to pass this newsletter on to others.

My name is John McDonnell, and for years I wrote a weekly e- newsletter that profiled business-oriented Web sites. Now I'm using my Web research skills to find sites that are useful for international trade, as well as some fun sites that you'll enjoy visiting.

COUNTRY PROFILES
It's Springtime and my pollen allergies are kicking in, so I'm writing this while sneezing and rubbing my inflamed, itchy eyes. Someday I'm going to move to a place where there's a scarcity of pollen, so I won't go through this annual torture.

I looked for a country like that at Barclays Corporate Banking Internet Site at www.corporate.barclays.co.uk/go/home.nsf/lookup/home+page ), which has profiles of countries worldwide, but there was no information about pollen counts. However, you'll find lots of other information simply by clicking on "Economic Reports" in the left column. You'll be able to read profiles of dozens of countries showing recent economic trends, top 10 trading partners, short term interest rates, inflation numbers, exchange rates, and lots more.

EXPORT ETIQUETTE
You may think that etiquette is only for dinner parties, but there's also a proper way to behave in business, and if you want to smooth your way in the import-export game, go to Export Etiquette at www.jrcanda.com/art_etiquette.html. This page was originally written for French businesspeople, but it has great advice no matter what country you're from.

WORLD MEDIA
If I had a product that would make life easier for someone in the beverage processing industry in Australia, I'd want to place an advertisement about it in a magazine called Food Australia. I know about Food Australia because I searched the database at Worldbizmedia.com at www.Worldbizmedia.com. This site has a database of 40,000 international business-to-business publications with editorial profiles, current ad rates, circulation information, and more. You search by industry and country, and when you find a magazine you like, Worldbizmedia.com will send you detailed information about the publication within 24 hours, at no cost or obligation to advertise.

SEARCH FOR SEARCHERS
There are so many search engines on the Web these days that now there's a search engine for finding search engines. FinderSeeker at www.finderseeker.com will help you find the right search engine for your needs. Just select the category and country that you're interested in, and FinderSeeker will give you a list of search engines that fit your needs. Hint: you'll get more results if you don't specify a keyword.

Archive

Issue 6
April 30, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 6
Issue 5
April 16, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 5
Issue 4
April 02, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 4
Issue 3
March 19, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 3
Issue 2
March 05, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 2
Issue 1
February 19, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 1
   Click on a past issue number to see its content

Published by Federation of International Trade Associations
Copyright © 2001 The Federation of International Trade Associations. All rights reserved.
Are there topics you'd like to see covered in FITA'S Really Useful Sites? Send suggestions, ideas, or comments to editor John McDonnell at jaymack@fita.org. =================================================================
This newsletter is distributed by the Federation of International Trade Associations (FITA) for the benefit of the worldwide international trade community. If you have a question regarding this service, please contact FITA by email at newsletter@fita.org.

Subscriptions

Enter your email address to subscribe or remove your address from this newsletter.

 Add  Remove
 Send as HTML