Re: Subject: or Keywords:

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: Subject: or Keywords:
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 18:12:27 -0500

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:

> On Mon, May 10 2004, Harry Putnam wrote:
>
>> I know how to display that header in article buffer, but what I'd
>> like to do is be able to switch from Subject to Keyword header in
>> SUMMARY buffer.  That is, replace the normal summary view with an
>> identicaly formatted view but with Keywords lines in place of subject
>> if it exists.
>
> A combination of gnus-user-format-function-X and gnus-extra-headers
> probably does the trick:
>
> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Summary Buffer Lines") ]
> | `u'
> |      User defined specifier.  The next character in the format string
> |      should be a letter.  Gnus will call the function
> |      `gnus-user-format-function-X', where X is the letter following
> |      `%u'.  The function will be passed the current header as argument.
> |      The function should return a string, which will be inserted into
> |      the summary just like information from any other summary specifier.
> `----
>
> And (info "(gnus)To From Newsgroups").

Maybe just the function-X part would do it. Although I'm not sure I
understand how to use it.

Keywords info should already be in the nov files.  Since I've had it
as an extra header for a long time.

So what does the function look like?  There is no chance I'll be able
to code it on my own.  But if you show me an example I might be able
to get it right.